Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday.

hey party people. I miss you all. I talked to Shaun today, I don't know if he could tell but I was crying the whole time :( then I called my mom and I was holding back tears. I WANT TO GO HOME! But I want to be here.

So this is the thing that has been not only physically draining but emotionally as well. have you ever been convicted by God or met with God so intimately it tired you out? well that has been my life for the past two days and on top of the early mornings I am pooped. But it is good. God is opening my eyes to things in my life I need to get rid of before I can become a leader. 

Though- some of the things people here believe in- I am  NOT strongly convicted in. That might change or after I study the Word about it, I might not. I want my faith to be completely personal. 

ok so I may have told you that the worship here is lacking. they sing the same 4 songs everytime. I miss my home worship so much. but yesterday in one of my 5 sessions (holla) someone was saying how worship is part of spiritual warfare. I never thought about that before.  Satan hates worship because, for the most past, worship songs as based on the Bible and when we speak them out we are declaring truth. I LOVE THAT. I'm not a fan of satan I love that he is constantly reminded of his future, while I am reminded of mine. Its powerful. But I also was realizing why the attack on a lot of worship leaders is so strong. 

I also realize that even though I do not like the style of the music I like the message those five songs have. so I am trying to really mean what I sing in worship ignoring the fact that I think it sounds putrid. I listened to Hillsong's 'This is Our God' on my iPod last night, I had a better worship experiance doing that then in the worship I have twice a day. So I will corporately declare God's truth in chapel but my music will always feel like home.

that is all for now. LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Jack-a-bee said...

Hey Girl, I saw your thing on facebook and thought I would add myself on here to keep up on your life and how you are doing! Hope all is well and I want you to know I love you! And God has his hand wrapped very tightly around yours. Grasp tightly to him and you will make it!
<3 Jackie

Shaun said...

Mary, I'm so glad you called today, and yes, I could tell that you were crying, but I didn't want to say anything because I could tell you were trying not to let me know, but come on Mary, you know I know you better than that:) We miss you a lot, but I'm so proud of you Mary. Keep your head up, and call again whenever you want!

Lacey McMahon said...

oh Mary,
I for one can totally sympathize with missing great worship. Check out shane & shane and bethel church music. You will love them and it will give you a great variety. Shane & shane have been blasting in my car for the last week. :).
My friend meghan in my facebook friends list went through teen mania out there and I'm sure if ever you wanted input from someone on the other side of it all or just plain advice for things, I know she would be glad to listen! Of course you're always welcone to talk to/confide in me too! :)
What church did you go to? Mt. Zion? Fishermans net? UEC?? It's been years since I was at any of those and I still miss the worship. We don't exactly have the beat church options up here.
You can bet I will keep you in my daily prayers. It's never easy in the beginning, but you are doing what God has for you so it will be blessed.

Lacey McMahon said...

sorry for typos! Writing from my IPhone..