Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sorry Sorry Let's update you.

Sorry I have neglected you all for so long.
I am very busy and starting to get a social life. Which is good, I think.

So here’s the skinny. I went to the Dallas Battle Cry last weekend. I have never been to one and since that is what I do I thought I should probably see what happens. Well I thought it went really well. It was really humbling to be able to witness such a holy moment. When hundreds of teenagers and adults went forward and accepted Christ or recommitted, it was amazing. All of all hard work I do, or the slow boring work, or getting up at 4:30 to run was all worth it.

Not to say it went off perfectly there is a lot of apathy in Dallas, well in America but you know what I mean. People were talking the whole time. But the positives were it was sold out, over sold, packed out. The hallways were a mess- it caused drama but at the same time it was really cool to see. So it was good the worship (led by Unhindered) was really good. Leeland was amazing, Jeremy Camp, Lecrae (a Christian rap artist, so good) and the Newboys, who have a new lead singer (Michael Tate from DC Talk) I’ll be honest- it was awful. But I mean, he tried?

So I got to hang out with people other than my family core and get to know the people I work with which was really nice. I learned patience- again- of course. I need more of it.

Since I’ve been back- I’ve had a lot of opportunities to go off campus lately which has been really fun. I went to Gateway Church in Dallas where Kari Jobe hails from, and then Battle Cry, and Sonic I love me some Sonic.

This week has been a really really hard week for my family core. On Sunday we found out that one of the guys in my family core’s father died. It was really hard on everyone. This kid is like the sweetest guy you will ever meet. His dad was his best friend, so not only did he lose his father but his best friend. And now has to be the male of the household to his mother and two sisters. But I hear he is doing great and the Lord has already taught him so much.

Then these past two days a lot of other drama has been going down, nothing I care to really talk about. But I would ask that you PRAY for my Family Core – that God would defend those who deserve to be defended and justice would be served. I know it sounds serious, and it kind of is. I had a breakdown yesterday But don’t worry I am fine- I will be fine. But my sisters are hurting and I am trying to be here for them. The Lord has given me peace and I know this will work out according to his plan and I have surrendered it to him and will walk by faith.

These next couple of weekends are going to be busy but I will try and keep people updated.

Also- I am going to NY in June on a mission’s trip- if you feel led to donate to help me go on this trip and help spread God’s hope and love to the hurting people of NY- let me know. But pray I get the funding. God has the money- so I don’t need to worry.
Thank you so much for praying for me and for caring enough to read this.
Until next time--

1 comment:

Shannon Renee said...

darling! thanks for updating us :)
1. i laughed inside when i read that newsboys was awful :) i think i always liked michael tate... too bad.
2. you are such a natural counselor. i just remember you always giving it to me as it was. and you were placed in your core group for a purpose. i'll be praying for whatever it is that's going on. i know that it has to be difficult on you as well, but know that God is behind all of you. and know that you don't always have to be the rock.. take time to breathe. BUT don't hold back when God gives you something to say to your sisters.
3. i love you so very much!