Thursday, March 26, 2009

in an intersting turn of events...

some big changes are happening here.
if you know me at all you know I HATE change.
or at least I used to- I used to freak out but surprisngly this time I am ok.

so here is the deal. you may or may not know but I have what is called a brother core, together with my core we are a family core. when i got here it was a 12 person family core. then one brother left so we had 11, then recently (like a week ago) one of my brothers got dismissed (hense the drama that was going on- long story)

so we had a 10 person family core, which is tiny. but we were close we ate most meals together, sat in church together, sat in class together.

well last night we got some news. Our brother core is no longer our brother core. since there were so few guys the HA thought it would be best if they got adopted into another core. so they have joined another core. and thier CA will now be an assistant to thier dorm director. but here is the catch. my first brothers NEW core already had two sister cores we couldn't be a third that would be chaos- so we were brother coreless.

so we have joined another family core. we now have a new sister core and a new brother core.
so all the girls in my room are devestated. i mean its a big change- they were a close family- they've been through a LOT together. and at first i was excited because i know a few of the guys in my new brother core-

but then i realized this is not ok. this is sad. we had so many plans as a family- my sisters are hurting, my brothers are upset, my brother core CA had to step down my CA has to open up to new people. what if the new brothers dont want us? what if they dont like us?

But at wed. night service me and God hashed it out. this is good. this is HIS plan. he planned this- there is a reason. These men that he has placed in our lives are going to help us. a lot of girls need healing because of skewed versions of "good guy friends" a lot of girls need pursuers- and spiritual brothers to be the LEADERS.

these guys have big shoes to fill we LOVED our brothers- but i think if they step up to the challenge of our emotional, dramatic core- they will grow and we will grow. the sister core can learn from us too- and we from them. they don't have a very united family and ours was closer than close so we are going to bring unity to them.

so there are good things- yes i am sad- yes it is WEIRD but its good. bring it on, God I;m ready. I came here to change right?

I got this email from my FIRST (not old) brother Brandon I will share a few parts with you.

Mary: Well… You’ve been thrown a something nasty girl. You as a January are going to be an ACA to a sister core that has been literally turned upside-down. If it couldn’t have gotten worse, it just did. Mary you have been a joy to be around these past few months. I’ve loved having you as a sister and you make me smile every time I see you. Mary, God has a plan through this to grow you in ways you couldn’t begin to imagine. This is going to prepare you for something HUGE God is calling you to, for God has called you to greatness.
(ACA is the LEADER of the room and due to past events everyone in my room is going to be on probation so i have to take the baton...)

Also… if you sisters fall off the face of the earth, because this brother core’s amazing… I guess that’s awesome (because we won’t have to kill them), but I can’t loose my sisters completely. I can’t cover up the moments we’ve shared. I love you girls.

But… God has a plan… God has a plan…choose to get better…not bitter.

MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!!
-Brandon.


precious right? so- here we go. I'm ready Lord.

1 comment:

Shannon Renee said...

aww... mare, i love you. i know this must be super hard. i know how close i grew to the girls at youth haven this summer in just 2 1/2 months, so i can't imagine how challenging this is for you. but i commend you on your faith and trust and perseverance.
i read this in My Utmost for His Highest the other day... "'...it is no longer i who live...' (Gal. 2:20) my individuality remains, but my primary motivation for living and the nature that rules me are radically changed. i have the same human body, but the old satanic right to myself has been destroyed. '...and the life which i now live in the flesh,' not the life which i long to live or even pray that i live, but the life i now live in my mortal flesh--the life which others can see, 'i live by faith in the Son of God...' this faith was not paul's own faith in Jesus Christ, but the faith the Son of God had given to him. it is no longer a faith in faith, but a faith that transcends all imaginable limits--a faith that comes only from the Son of God."